Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rotisserie Chicken Divan

The other day I was CRAVING rotisserie chicken. You know the ones that they strategically place in the front of the store right by the check-out stands for last-minute, impulse-shopping dinner ideas. I was hooked. Problem was that I didn't want to eat it plain... in fact the thought of eating it plain made me want to gag, actually. (I know, this pregnancy has been a strange one craving-wise). I saw an old chicken divan recipe, and of course, had to tweak it to add lemon pepper, store-bought rotisserie chicken. I confess, I actually like this version better than the original chicken version. The flavor and consistency of the chicken made a huge difference.

1 bag (12 oz) frozen broccoli florets (can also use fresh broccoli)
1 1/2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 can (18.5 oz) creamy chicken and wild rice soup (can also use wild or regular rice and 2 cans cream of chicken soup)
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs

Heat oven to 375°F. Steam broccoli about 4 minutes or until tender. Place broccoli and chicken in ungreased 9-inch square pan. Sprinkle with pepper.
Pour soup over broccoli and chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Bake about 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.