Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sunday Sweets: Chocolate Sandwich Cookies

Sunday always seems to be the day that me and The Pants want a treat, and we have spent several afternoons baking something yummy.  Periodically, I plan to post new Sunday Sweets recipes that we deem keepers.

I looked all over the internet for a homemade Oreo cookie recipe that seemed just right.  I ended up combining ideas from several recipes that looked good, and they turned out perfectly.

Combine

1 box devil's food cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
2 T milk

Mix well with wooden spoon or hand mixer.  Roll into small balls (about the size of a walnut).  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.  (8 minutes seemed underdone to me.  But you may prefer gooey cookies.  Plus, my oven is weird.)

Then sandwich the cookies together with homemade cream cheese frosting.